Five Questions You Should Be Asking About Your Healthcare Expenditures
1. What are the key metrics we employ to ensure our healthcare dollars are being deployed effectively & efficiently?
2. How is our organization ensuring that our third party administrator is paying our medical bills accurately, only for eligible employees, spouses & dependents, and at rates at or below market value?
3. Do we perform periodic "self-audits" of our claim payments to assure our stakeholders that our healthcare dollars are being wisely spent?
4. Are we harnessing data from prior medical claims, annual health assessments, and fitness trackers to proactively influence our employees’ health?
5. What strategies are leading edge organizations like GE, Boeing, Walmart, PepsiCo and others pursuing to optimize their healthcare spend?